This aromatic balm is absolutely wonderful for soothing tired muscles, tension headaches, and chest congestion. I like to rub some into my tired hands after a knitting session. If you’re feeling a little stressed try massaging some into your hairline, temples, jaw hinges, behind your ears and down to where your spine meets your skull. So soothing!
- 1/2 cup oil that is liquid at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons beeswax pastilles or shea butter (not heaping)
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops camphor essential oil
- 10 drops cajeput essential oil
Melt wax (or shea butter) and the oil together in a small heat resistant vessel using a bain-marie. I use a small mason jar that will hold my balm and a small saucepan with water at medium heat because it’s the easiest and there’s no cleaning up to do. Simple.
Once it’s all melted, carefully remove the vessel from the hot water and place on a heat resistant surface. Try to not get any water in your balm. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes and then add in your essential oils.
If you cannot find cajeput essential oil then cinnamon bark or ginger or a combination of the two essential oils could be subbed in.